Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book Review Of The Week #1

{My job gives me lots of access to books. Therefore I read/listen to a lot of books, on average two or three a week. Some weeks are more, some weeks are less depending on what I read and how life is running. Anyway, this marks the beginning of a weekly book review hope you enjoy!!}

Book of the Week:

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

"When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through."
~ Nicholas Sparks (Dear John)

This book sucks you in right from the beginning. It's a love story, but a sad story too. I loved the main character, John, and I really felt for him throughout. The reader gets to see him grow from a troubled childhood into a adult who learns from hardships along the way.

At first I thought a lot of the romance was really "puke, puke, gag, gag", all of that "oh if only I could hold her in my arms" crap, but... I don't know as the story went on I was won over. The writing is really great, the story is a tear jerker, but it is so worth it! Read this book! I can't wait for the movie.

0 Comments: